Friday, November 16, 2012

30 days of Pictures of what I am thankful for. Day 16

To be an American. This morning caught me by surprise. I was trying to catch the local weather and turned to the Today Show and watched a segment on 30 people becoming US citizens. While watching this I was crying listening to their stories and thinking about how blessed, I am, living in America. Again something that I dont think about on a daily basis, but something so important. There were several service man and women taking the oath and it made think they are fighting for our country and dont even have citizenship. Wow, so many American's wont sign up to fight for our country but these people love America so much. So today as the song says, "I am proud to be an America where at least I know I am free, I wont forget the men who died who gave that right to me."

No comments: