Monday, November 12, 2012

30 days of pictures of what I am THANKFUL for. Day 12

Today I am thankful for my Grandma. She is my last living grandparent. She has meant a lot to me in my life. I called her last night around 10:30pm and we talked until 1am this morning about random things going on in our lives. I use to live close to her, but with the move to SC it took me away from her. I am so thankful God has blessed me with her, by keeping her around. She has survived cancer, thyroid issues, strokes, her colon burst, along with a lot of other issues with heart and diabetes. She lost her husband(married almost 50yrs I think), several years ago and lives by herself with the help of a day nurse. She is an awesome cook. I get my pound cake recipe from her. She is a card shark(kills at poker)and it doesn't matter if your her grandchild or not.. she will NOT let you win.. You have to bring your A game for sure and try and hope you can beat her. She loves to do puzzles. She taught me how to crochet along with my mom. She loves to shop. And for the longest time made her own clothes just for fun.(like suits and dresses)She loves the computer and has been on facebook longer than me. She is down to earth, generous, loving, kind and the best grandma ever. Love ya Grandma.
(picture taken right before we left NC)

No comments: