Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013


This year my mom and I drove to NC to spend time with Grandma for Mother's day. It was a great trip.I was so thankful to see her looking so good.



I spent most of the time there like this.. in her arms. I felt like I was 8 yrs old again, as she rubbed my head. It was hard not to think that this might be the last time I see her alive on this earth. She has been such a great grandma and mentor to me. She is so smart. She is the best cook. As far as I know I am the only one who can reproduce her famous pound cake. It was one of the hardest parts about moving to SC..leaving her. I was the only one close to her for over 12 years. So many hospital stays with her and grandpa and help caring for them and running errands. Its ironic, because now I wish I had spent more time with her and grandpa. I wish I hadn't let the busy schedule with the kids enjoying them more as an adult. I love her more than words can express.

Then I woke up Mother's Day morning to three of the sweetest hand made cards from my kiddos and an awesome one from Stefan, along with breakfast in bed. We then packed up and went to Folly Beach for a day in the sun. It was a blast and perfect way to celebrate.

No comments: